Official Rules and Information regarding the 50/50 Lottery in the Place Bell for the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation
- Must be 18 years or older to purchase 50/50 tickets.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 raffles: all 50/50 staff and game-night volunteers, Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation employees, the CH Group IT Department employees assigned to the activation of the raffle, employees of the company supplying the draw technology (Bump 50:50), and individuals serving on the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation Board of Directors, any person with whom these employees and individuals live and the immediate family of said employees and individuals.
- Ticket buyers receive their printed ticket listing their numbers associated with the purchased tickets. The corresponding individual ticket numbers are processed simultaneously for the winning ticket draw.
- Tickets are 1 for $5; 3 for $10; 15 for $20; or 40 for $40, unless otherwise specified and approved by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (RACJ).
- Tickets are sold at the Place Bell; 1950 rue Claude-Gagné, Laval, QC.
- Tickets are sold from the time the doors open for a Rocket game until before the end of the 2nd intermission which takes place between the second and third periods. Sellers are located at main entrances to the Place Bell, on the concourse, and on the private suite level. Sellers also sell in the stands during the pregame and intermissions.
DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNER
- Chances of winning depend on the total number of tickets sold.
- Tickets are subject to verification by 50/50 organizers. All fraudulent tickets will automatically be removed from the draw and not give right to a prize.
- The winning ticket draw will be completed within the first 6 minutes of the 3rd period of the Laval Rocket home game but at least 10 minutes after the end of ticket sales.
- The winning number will be announced and displayed on the scoreboard in the 3rd period. In the event of a discrepancy between the announced (displayed) number and the official winning number, the latter shall prevail.
- The prize (winning prize) will consist in 50% of the total amount raised and announced (Jackpot). In the event of a discrepancy between the announced (displayed) amount and the official amount raised, the latter shall prevail.
- If the winner does not claim his/her prize within the time limit imposed by the RACJ, a second winning number will be drawn and announced on the scoreboard.
- Prizes must be claimed at the Private suites entrance counter in front of section 112 within 15 minutes of having been posted on the scoreboard as required by the RACJ. Only the holder of the winning ticket may claim the prize. The Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation shall have no responsibility in regard to any other person who claims any interest or right to receive all or any part of the prize associated with a winning ticket.
- Prize is paid by cheque and will be mailed within 60 business days of the winner claiming the prize.
- The winner must complete a declaration and release form before taking possession of their prize.
OTHER GENERAL CONDITIONS
- In the event that the electronic 50/50 system is unavailable at the time of the ticket sales period due to technical difficulties or otherwise, the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation reserves the right to sell paper tickets instead of the electronic system. Paper tickets will be numbered in sequential order and sold in the same denominations as listed above. A random ticket will be drawn during the 3rd period from the ticket raffle bin.
- If the electronic system experiences detrimental technical difficulties during a game (i.e. at any time after sales using the system have commenced for that game), 50/50 sales will immediately be suspended until such time as the problem is resolved insofar as such resolution takes place in due time so ticket sales may resume in accordance with the above mentioned parameters. In the event ticket sales cannot resume in due time, if the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation is able to verify that all tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been processed, the raffle will continue and a winner will be announced in the 3rd period of the game. If the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation is not able to verify that all tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been processed, the raffle will be postponed to a later time to be announced on the score board, time which may be modified if need be, until such time as the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation is able to make such verification. Where a raffle has been postponed, the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation will announce the winner as soon as possible and will post the winning number as indicated above.
- The Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation, the Laval Rocket Hockey Club, the Place Bell, l’Aréna des Canadiens, the CH Group and any presenting sponsors and partners of the 50/50 program will administer the program in good faith and in the best interests of the Foundation. None of the partners (nor any employee or representative of any of the foregoing) shall be liable at any time for any errors, system malfunctions or decisions made in connection with the administration of the program.
- All winners release the Foundation, its partners, employees, or any other agents from any responsibility for damages they may incur by accepting or using their prize.
- This 50/50 program is subjected to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The decisions rendered by the organizers are final and without appeal in all aspects of the said raffle.
- By participation in the raffle, winners thereby grant the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation (and its representatives) the right to print, publish or broadcast their name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for any purpose related to the Foundation and its activities without any form of compensation, including but not limited to, advertising and promotional purposes.
To contact the Foundation:
Mail: Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation
50/50 Program 1275 St-Antoine Street West, Montreal, QC H3C 5L2