Official Rules and Information regarding the 50/50 Lottery
of the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation
RACJ #431311 for Laval Rocket games
– Participation is reserved exclusively to people who are 18 years of age or older and are physically located in the Place Bell when purchasing tickets.
– The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 raffles: Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation employees and volunteers assigned to the raffle, Groupe CH IT Department employees assigned to the activation of the raffle, employees of the company supplying the draw technology, and individuals serving on the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation Board of Directors, any person with whom these employees and individuals live and the immediate family of said employees and individuals.
– Ticket buyers will receive their printed ticket listing their numbers associated with the purchased tickets. The corresponding individual ticket numbers are processed simultaneously for the winning ticket draw.
– Clients will be required to provide a contact phone number.
– Tickets are sold from the time the doors open until the 3rd period, or once the Jackpot amount reaches $10,000.
DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNER
– Chances of winning depend on the total number of tickets sold.
– Tickets are subject to verification by 50/50 organizers. All fraudulent tickets will automatically be removed from the draw and not give right to a prize.
– The winning ticket draw will be completed 10 minutes following the end of the sales period by a physical person who will draw in the presence of 3 physical witnesses (or virtual, if the situation does not allow) the stub corresponding to a ticket sold.
– The winning number will be announced on the central scoreboard and the Foundation’s website
(foundation.canadiens.com). In the event of a discrepancy between the announced (displayed) number and the official winning number, the latter shall prevail.
– The prize (winning prize) will consist in 50% of the total amount raised and announced (Jackpot) and will not exceed $5,000 (Canadian dollars) per draw. In the event of a discrepancy between the announced (displayed) amount and the official amount raised, the latter shall prevail.
– The person holding the winning number will be contacted by telephone as soon as the draw is completed. The Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation shall have no responsibility in regard to any other person who claims any interest or right to receive all or any part of the prize associated with a winning ticket.
– If the winner does not claim their prize within two business days, a new winning number will be drawn the next business day. The new winner will be contacted by telephone as soon as the new draw is completed, and the new winning number will be announced on the Foundation’s website.
– The winner must provide two proofs of identity and complete a declaration and release form before taking possession of their prize.
– Prize is paid by direct deposit in Canadian dollars, following receipt of banking information of the winner, within 60 business days of the winner claiming the prize.
OTHER GENERAL CONDITIONS
– If the electronic system experiences detrimental technical difficulties during a draw (i.e. at any time after sales using the system have commenced for that draw), 50/50 sales will immediately be suspended until such time as the problem is resolved insofar as such resolution takes place in due time so ticket sales may resume in accordance with the above mentioned parameters. In the event ticket sales cannot resume in due time, if the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation is able to verify that all tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been processed, the raffle will take place, and a winner will be announced. If the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation is not able to verify that all tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been processed, the raffle will be postponed to a later time to be announced on the Foundation’s website (www.fondation.canadiens.com) as well as on its social media. The time may be modified if need be, until such time as the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation is able to make such verification. Where a raffle has been postponed, the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation will
announce the winner as soon as possible and will post the winning number as indicated above.
– The Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation, the Laval Rocket Hockey Club, the Place Bell, l’Aréna des Canadiens, the Groupe CH and any presenting sponsors and partners of the 50/50 program will administer the program in good faith and in the best interests of the Foundation. None of the partners (nor any employee or representative of any of the foregoing) shall be liable at any time for any errors, system malfunctions or decisions made in connection with the administration of the program.
– All winners release the Foundation, its partners, employees, or any other agents from any responsibility for damages they may incur by accepting or using their prize.
– No official receipt for income tax purposes will be issued for the purchase of 50/50 tickets as set out by Canada Revenue Agency.
– This 50/50 program is subjected to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The decisions rendered by the organizers are final and without appeal in all aspects of the said raffle.
– By participation in the raffle, winners thereby grant the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation (and its representatives) the right to print, publish or broadcast their name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for any purpose related to the Foundation and its activities without any form of compensation, including but not limited to, advertising and promotional purposes.
To contact the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation:
MAIL: Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation
1275 St-Antoine St W
Montreal, QC H3C 5L2